Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Paula Deen: I Have Type 2 Diabetes » ExciteBlog

Paula Deen: I Have Type 2 Diabetes » ExciteBlog
Paula Deen: I Have Type 2 Diabetes

Paula Deen has confirmed the cooking world's worst kept secret: She has Type 2 Diabetes.

In a video announcing the launch of her "Diabetes in a New Light" initiative, Deen reveals "Hey y'all, I'm here to share something with you ... a while back I was told I have Type 2 Diabetes."

The Food Network cook, who famously uses a ton of butter, cheese and sugar for all her dishes, continues "I wasn't about to change my life, but I have made simple changes in my life" -- citing cutting back on Sweet Tea and taking more walks with her husband as part of her new lifestyle.

Deen has joined forces with Novo Nordisk to "show others that managing diabetes does not have to stop you from enjoying the things you love."

She also revealed in a press release that she takes a once-a-day, non-insulin injection called Victoza.

The news comes after food critic Anthony Bourdain famously called her the "most dangerous person to America" in TV Guide last year, adding that she's "proud of the fact that her food is f***ing bad for you."

Type 2 is the most common form of diabetes. In Type 2 diabetes, the body either does not produce enough insulin or does not use it efficiently, allowing excess sugar, or glucose, to accumulate in the blood.

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...